13 January 2010

Big Brother 'Bastian

No! We are not pregnant. We decided to join the rest of the pet world and get Sebastian a puppy. I have baby fever super bad and, well, my hubby DOES NOT. I told him that it was either a baby or puppy. He chose a puppy. My sister, Stephanie, recently got her kiddos a Miniature Schnauzer named Bella. We immediately fell in love her. Luckily she still had two sisters waiting for happy homes, so we quickly scooped one up.

I took Sebastian to the owners' home to pick out which puppy he wanted. Both puppies that were left looked identical except for the size. I think Sebastian made a good decision in the puppy that he picked. She was one of the biggest of the litter and very calm. The other pup was shaking like a leaf and scared to death. Our little girl nuzzled right up to us and kissed Sebastian on the nose. I think it was love at first sight! She sat/slept on Sebastian's lap the entire way home. Sebastian is pretty proud of his new little friend.

Daddy helped us decide on a name - Sammy! Sebastian loved it immediately because Sammy starts with an "S" like Sebastian. She is still checking out her new home and doing a lot of puppy sleeping. We are going to go this weekend and stock up on puppy pleasures. I am so excited about our new addition.

UPDATE:
We gave Sammy a middle name - Sammy Sassafras - it is a pretty fitting name for her.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm an about-to-be-thirty mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. I married the man that I was crazy in love with in high school and we made the most incredibly perfect little boy in the entire world. I have a full-time job with the state & my husband works for a local farmer & family friend. I have a passion for photography and dark chocolate. I love taking Sebastian for walks or trips to the park. I never miss an episode of Y&R or Sons of Anarchy. I have 2 sisters, 2 nieces & 4 nephews. My mom & dad and my m-i-l are my biggest supporters. Sometimes life feels like a huge struggle, but I always remember why we're here & what's important in the grand scheme of things. I love my family & I love life.

Why I Blog

Why I Blog
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

About This Blog

I started this blog in late '07 to help document details of my baby's childhood - his transformation from infancy to toddlerhood. It's amazing how fast he has grown. My once-tiny-little-baby, is a bright, beautiful little man full of wonder & ideas. Everything from his imagination to his foot size is growing at faster-than-light speeds. I hope we can keep up...

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP