06 January 2010

Locks of Love

My niece, Jayden, is 6-years-old. She is probably one of the prettiest, smartest & most compassionate kids that I have ever met. Her caring nature, her empathy for others, her "save-the-world" mentality are just a few of the wonderful things that I love about her personality. I can't brag enough about her and I'm sure that anyone who has ever met this child would do the same.

Jayden has been trying to grow her hair out long; long enough so that when she cuts it, she can donate it to Locks of Love. This has been her unyielding desire for well over a year now. Locks of Love is an amazing non-profit organization that provides hair prostheses to financially disadvantages children, under 21-years-old, that are suffering long-term medical hair loss due to any diagnosis. Hair must be 10" (minimum) from tip to tip in order to be donated.

She had been waiting for a long, long time in order to be able to donate. On Saturday, January 2nd, she was finally getting her hair cut and more importantly giving another little girl like herself a little bit of normalcy that she might not have otherwise.

These are some pics from her big day...

Mommy said she never wiped that smile from her beautiful little face. Way-to-go girly!! Aunt Bebe is super proud of you, Jadeybug. I know that you will change the world!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm an about-to-be-thirty mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. I married the man that I was crazy in love with in high school and we made the most incredibly perfect little boy in the entire world. I have a full-time job with the state & my husband works for a local farmer & family friend. I have a passion for photography and dark chocolate. I love taking Sebastian for walks or trips to the park. I never miss an episode of Y&R or Sons of Anarchy. I have 2 sisters, 2 nieces & 4 nephews. My mom & dad and my m-i-l are my biggest supporters. Sometimes life feels like a huge struggle, but I always remember why we're here & what's important in the grand scheme of things. I love my family & I love life.

Why I Blog

Why I Blog
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

About This Blog

I started this blog in late '07 to help document details of my baby's childhood - his transformation from infancy to toddlerhood. It's amazing how fast he has grown. My once-tiny-little-baby, is a bright, beautiful little man full of wonder & ideas. Everything from his imagination to his foot size is growing at faster-than-light speeds. I hope we can keep up...

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP