22 January 2010

Puppy Love

Sammy has really adjusted to having a new family. She loves Sebastian and I love seeing how much fun they have together. She has really developed a personality, so we decided to give her a middle name. Sassafras really fits her perfectly. She loves chasing Sebastian around the house. I sometimes think Tigger would be a fitting name the way she bounces around the house. She has taken to potty training like a fish to water. She has had very few accidents since we brought her home. I am really thankful that David has been on top of her potty training and almost always is the one taking her outside. One thing that we have really had to adjust to is putting our shoes away. If you leave shoes around or leave the closet doors open, she will have them pulled out & chewed up in no time. She is a shoe-aholic! She also likes to steal blankets, pillows & stuffed animals right off of the bed. {Well, mostly just Sebastian's bed since she can reach it easily.} She has a little basket that we have been trying to get her to sleep in, but she loves the couch throw pillows best. She runs around like a puppy on crack after we bring her in from her outdoor playtime. I think one of her favorite things to do is to chase Sebastian around the yard or jump around under the trampoline when Sebastian is jumping. She hasn't really figured out what a leash is for and mostly just tries to chew on it when we go for walks. We don't get very far and you have to practically drag her along then pick her up and carry her. She's already spoiled rotten. She likes to take a bath, which is really good but she wants to chew her hairbrush when she is being brushed. She is very loving and is a great lapdog, which David just adores. I think she has bonded the best with him since he takes her outside and feeds her and she sees him the most during the day. I love how excited she is when we get home and Sebastian has been rushing to the door because "Sammy misses us"!! Her tail is always wagging like crazy, so I guess she is pretty happy with her new family & home. Sebastian doesn't still doesn't like it when she barks, but luckily she's not a big yipper. She's a pretty great little addition to our family. I think we'll keep her!




0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm an about-to-be-thirty mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. I married the man that I was crazy in love with in high school and we made the most incredibly perfect little boy in the entire world. I have a full-time job with the state & my husband works for a local farmer & family friend. I have a passion for photography and dark chocolate. I love taking Sebastian for walks or trips to the park. I never miss an episode of Y&R or Sons of Anarchy. I have 2 sisters, 2 nieces & 4 nephews. My mom & dad and my m-i-l are my biggest supporters. Sometimes life feels like a huge struggle, but I always remember why we're here & what's important in the grand scheme of things. I love my family & I love life.

Why I Blog

Why I Blog
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

About This Blog

I started this blog in late '07 to help document details of my baby's childhood - his transformation from infancy to toddlerhood. It's amazing how fast he has grown. My once-tiny-little-baby, is a bright, beautiful little man full of wonder & ideas. Everything from his imagination to his foot size is growing at faster-than-light speeds. I hope we can keep up...

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP