18 February 2010

No, David!

Not my Baby Daddy!!

I'm talking about David Shannon. He is an author & illustrator of many children's books. Currently, Sebastian's favorite author. We discovered the series of "David" books a few weeks ago and Sebastian wants to read them a dozen times every day.

The books are about a little boy, you guessed it, named David and all his mischievous naughtiness - coloring on the walls, tracking mud on the carpet, etc. David is rowdy & rambunctious and goes from one unruly act to the next while mom is shouting in the background, "No" and "Don't".

I, personally, don't care much for David. He is an unattractive little boy with pointy teeth, who gets in trouble on every page! (I know, shame on me, but David is a little demonic-looking.) Sebastian loves it, though, and it has been a great series for him. First of all, the little boy's name is David which is seriously hilarious to Sebastian since Daddy's name is David. There are few words and Sebastian has them all memorized. The illustrations clearly depict the story, so he thinks he is reading it to me. Although there is not a lot of actual reading, each page opens up a whole new convo about what David did, why it was wrong and what the right thing to do is; so there is definitely a lot of interaction. David & I both enjoy reading them with him. I love it even more when he reads it to us because the story gets a lot more colorful. I have laughed so hard I have cried.

I have to give the David books two thumbs up. Sebastian adores them and even though David's appearance creeps me out, we'll keep reading about all the trouble that David gets into. At least until he finds a new set of books to fall in love with. The last set up books he loved was the Mr. Men books and that love lasted a long time. I guess out with Mr. Men and in with bad David! ~

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm an about-to-be-thirty mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. I married the man that I was crazy in love with in high school and we made the most incredibly perfect little boy in the entire world. I have a full-time job with the state & my husband works for a local farmer & family friend. I have a passion for photography and dark chocolate. I love taking Sebastian for walks or trips to the park. I never miss an episode of Y&R or Sons of Anarchy. I have 2 sisters, 2 nieces & 4 nephews. My mom & dad and my m-i-l are my biggest supporters. Sometimes life feels like a huge struggle, but I always remember why we're here & what's important in the grand scheme of things. I love my family & I love life.

Why I Blog

Why I Blog
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

About This Blog

I started this blog in late '07 to help document details of my baby's childhood - his transformation from infancy to toddlerhood. It's amazing how fast he has grown. My once-tiny-little-baby, is a bright, beautiful little man full of wonder & ideas. Everything from his imagination to his foot size is growing at faster-than-light speeds. I hope we can keep up...

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP