13 February 2010

Pat-a-Cake, Pat-a-Cake Baker's Man

Yesterday was Sebastian's Valentine's Day party at daycare. I asked him what he wanted to take to daycare and he replies, "a rainbow cake". I tried to talk him out of it, but he was gung ho about baking a rainbow cake. So Thursday night we gathered up our recipe and all of our ingredients and jumped in. We decided since it was a Valentine's cake that we would alternate green pink & purple instead of rainbow colors. (Yes, it took a lot of convincing for the cake to be pink & purple instead of green. I might have bribed him.) Sebastian is very hands on; he wants to do everything himself. I did my best to let him do as much as possible on his own as long as it didn't hurt him or someone else. Here's some pics of him all ready for a long night of baking. He's an awesome egg breaker, I must say!!
After we baked all six cake layers for our Rainbow Cake Valentine's Cake, they were cooling on the table while I tried to clean up. Unbeknown to me, Sebastian was secretly eating one of the pink layers. When I finally noticed, I asked him if he had been eating the cake and his big bottom lip puckered out and he said he was soooo sorry. Luckily he only ate part of one layer and we still had 5 more to use, so no harm done (and that cake was so moist & good that I couldn't help but nibble on a few bites myself). We finished assembling the cake and he decorated it with a whole bottle of sprinkles the next morning before we left for the party. Below are a few pics of the finished product. I'm not even in the vicinity of a good baker, but I thought our cake turned out pretty decent (and I heard it was pretty good).



0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm an about-to-be-thirty mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. I married the man that I was crazy in love with in high school and we made the most incredibly perfect little boy in the entire world. I have a full-time job with the state & my husband works for a local farmer & family friend. I have a passion for photography and dark chocolate. I love taking Sebastian for walks or trips to the park. I never miss an episode of Y&R or Sons of Anarchy. I have 2 sisters, 2 nieces & 4 nephews. My mom & dad and my m-i-l are my biggest supporters. Sometimes life feels like a huge struggle, but I always remember why we're here & what's important in the grand scheme of things. I love my family & I love life.

Why I Blog

Why I Blog
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

About This Blog

I started this blog in late '07 to help document details of my baby's childhood - his transformation from infancy to toddlerhood. It's amazing how fast he has grown. My once-tiny-little-baby, is a bright, beautiful little man full of wonder & ideas. Everything from his imagination to his foot size is growing at faster-than-light speeds. I hope we can keep up...

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP